Oster 6684 12-Speed Blender, Black

Oster 6684 12-Speed Blender, Black

450-watt countertop blender mixes smoothies, frozen drinks, soups, and more

Easy toggle speed control provides continuous, smooth blending for 12 speeds

Exclusive All-Metal Drive system; stainless-steel ice-crushing blade; pulse option

Dishwasher-safe 5-cup glass jar with generous handle; lid with measuring cap

Measures approximately 7 by 11 by 15 inches; 1-year limited warranty

Oster 6684 12-Speed Blender, Black Review

Look no further. This blender is AWESOME!5
First, let me respond to a few poor reviews that made me a little concerned about purchasing this blender. One reviewer said "The little plastic "plug" in the lid fell through into the blender as I was using it". He may have gotten a defective one, but the one that I got would have no realistic way for the plastic "plug" to fall through the hole in the lid. It is very well made and would have to be forced VERY HARD for it to even have a chance of making it through - regardless of the angle at which you put the plug. Another reviewer said "the one I received had a jar that did not sit comfortably on base." Again, if that happened I hate it for that guy. The jar I got sat on the base quite well. Another reviewer said, "You CANNOT get your goods back out of this thing without making a mess." The blender I got is very easy to pour from.
Now let me tell you how awesome this thing is. I had a Hamilton Beach blender for a few years that did okay. It would make smoothies and shakes, but would take quite a while and would ALWAYS leave chunks of ice that did not get blended. Even if I left it on for a full minute it would not get the job done. When I used this new Oster 6684 for the first time I made a shake the way that I normally do with some fruit, milk, and ice. After about 10 seconds I could not find a single chuck of ice in the entire shake. In two years with my old blender there were always chunks of ice - always. I could not be any happier with the Oster. Hope this is helpful.

works well, but manfacturer makes it difficult to fix simple problem yourself4
I actually own the Oster 6646 but am writing the review here because the 6646 appears to be no longer caried by Amazon and the 6684 is simply the black version of the 6646.
First, the good: This blender does a very good job of blending ingredients, including frozen ones, into drinks of consistent texture. No lumpy pieces of fruit or bits of ice hiding in the drink. It also does a good job of pulling the ingredients down the side of the jar and around the blades so that everything gets blended properly.
Now, the bad: Shortly after my 1-year warranty expired, I turned on my blender one day and it abruptly turned off after about one second. I actually think this was my fault as I didn't have the jar seated quite right and I had some ice cubes at the bottom of the jar right by the blades. At any rate, to make a long story short I was left with the option to either (a) pay to get the blender repaired, which would have cost over half what one costs new; (b) throw the blender away; or (c) try to fix the thing myself. I had a hunch that perhaps I could find a fuse inside that had blown, so I attempted to take apart the blender. I tried A LOT of different screwdrivers, both at home and at work, and I could not get any of them to grip the screws properly to remove them. I took the blender to my local hardware store and, after a lot of patience, was finally able to remove the screws. While I readily found a fuse, the hardware store said they didn't have a matching replacement fuse. A little frustrated but still determined, I went to yet another hardware store; a seemingly knowledgeable clerk there told me that I would probably have a hard time finding the proper fuse because of the filament design, even though the fuse is labeled as a 5 amp 125 volt fuse. Still determined, I went to Radio Shack. Though they did not have a fuse that looked the same in terms of filament, the guy there assured me that a slow blowing 5 amp 250 volt fuse should work just fine. And guess what -- he was right. So now I have an additional three back up fuses in case it blows again, for a total out of pocket cost of less than 10% what a new blender would cost. Now my search is on for replacement screws so I can attach the bottom of the unit to the base again.
I guess I can't totally fault Oster for not making a consumer level repair more easy. I think this is true across the board for consumer electronics today. Still, I hate to think of all of the perfectly good machines out there that get tossed in the garbage and end up in a landfill (even though there are toxic components inside) that just maybe would be put back into service by the people who owned them if the manufacturer gave simple instructions for something as simple as replacing a fuse and didn't assemble the device so as to discourage people from trying to take it apart.

good blender5
I like this blender. So far I haven't had any problems. It's very easy to clean. I like the glass jar. The only downside to this product is that it's very noisy, but it does get the job done!

Order Now $ Oster 6684 12-Speed Blender, Black

0 comments